Zoom is easy to use, we promise. Here’s a quick checklist to get you ready for a seamless class experience.
- If you plan to join from a phone or tablet you will need to download the Zoom App – links here: Apple / Google Play
- Be sure to grant access to your microphone and your camera if prompted.
- Make sure the operating system and Zoom App are up-to-date on the device you plan to use (laptop, tablet or smartphone).
- Find an area in your house that affords your strongest connection to the internet.
- Practice Works will provide a link (it will look something like this https://zoom.us/j/2192451052) and password via email 2 hours prior to the class start time. Copy the password from the email (highlight the full password and use Ctrl+C on a PC or Command+C on a Mac). Click on the link to join the class then paste the password when prompted (use Ctrl+V or Command+V).
- If you are joining from a computer desktop, you won’t have to download anything, just follow the prompts to join the meeting.
- Select ‘join with computer audio’ to avoid having to also dial in via telephone to hear.
- Join your class early. We will open all classes a minimum of 15 minutes before class start time so you can join in, work out any kinks with our team and say hello to your classmates.
- Classes will lock after 20 minutes to prevent disruption.
This is, of course, a much different way to practice together but we’re sure you’ll get the hang of it. You’ll find benefits new and old to establishing a home practice in the Practice Works community. Check out our CLASS SCHEDULE and join us for a live stream class soon!